About Tallinn Swing Dance Society
Tallinn Swing Dance Society (hereinafter TSDS) is a non-profit organization founded in 2012 that brings together people interested in the swing era, music and dance. TSDS is a voluntary basis charity organization. It is independent and not part of any umbrella organization. TSDS is run by a team.
TSDS organizes regular dance classes, festivals, workshops and varied recreational activities, which support swing dancing: social dance evenings, swing era cultural history meetings, lectures, movie nights and other events to provide adults interested in swing culture with activities, skills, and knowledge about the swing field.
TSDS is the biggest community of Estonian swing dancers. About 150 people attend the regular dance classes held for various levels. TSDS is focused primarily on the cultivation of the 1930’s most popular dance Lindy Hop. But dances such as the Balboa, Shag, Charleston, Solo Jazz, Tap are also danced. Besides TSDS’s biggest festival The Swing Weekend, an early autumn theme-party on wheels called Swing & Ride has been a great success. In collaboration with Nõmme Culture Centre a series of swing-jazz dance parties in 2015 were organized.
TSDS wishes to introduce swing culture and promote dancing to who people who are not exposed to it yet. That is why events organized by TSDS are generally open to the public. Excellent surface threshold has been established in the social network platform of Facebook, which has an effectively functioning community with over 2,500 swing dance enthusiasts.
*a certificate of vaccination against COVID-19
*a certificate of recovery from COVID-19
Autumn season 2021 will have the following Lindy Hop levels:
Lindy Hop B – beginners (for total beginners)
Lindy Hop BI – beginners-intermediate
Lindy Hop I – intermediate
Lindy Hop IA – intermediate-advanced
Lindy Hop A – advanced
NB! The teachers assign you to a specific group.
Balboa I – intermediate. Teachers: Katharina and Evelin
Balboa A – advanced level. Teachers: Eliisa and Janek
Collegiate Shag – all levels, ex. total beginners. Teachers: Katharina & Masha
The classes are taught in Estonian, but the teachers can always answer your questions in English.
We recommend to use comfortable clothes which allow you to move easily and shoes with flat slippery soles or a small flat heel.
NB! It is forbidden to enter the dance hall in outdoor shoes!
The class schedule is available on our calendar.
All TSDS classes are taught at Pärnu mnt. 154 (a building called ARSi Maja) on the 4th floor.
- Payment on an individual class basis is possible only in cash on the spot, each class is 10€ per person.
- Monthly fee 35€ per person covers one class a week. It can be your Lindy Hop level, a lower one, or a different regularly scheduled TSDS class. The fee is to be paid by the 5th day of the month you are paying for.
- Monthly fee 50€ per person covers two classes a week. You can choose from your Lindy Hop level, a lower one or a different regularly scheduled TSDS class. The fee is to be paid by the 5th day of the month you are paying for.
- Monthly fee 60€ per person covers unlimited classes within the month. You can choose from your Lindy Hop level, a lower one or a different regularly scheduled TSDS class. The fee is to be paid by the 5th day of the month you are paying for.
- Monthly fees are paid for a calendar month.
- Monthly fee can be done on cash, or via a bank transfer to MTÜ Tallinn Swing Dance Society: EE142200221056331094, Swedbank AS (payment description: your name and dance style(s)).
- It is also possible to use the Stebby environment to pay for your classes.
- If you need an invoice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The monthly fee is valid for the calendar month it is paid for and cannot be transferred or extended to another month or to another person.
- Monthly fee is non-refundable!
TSDS instructors are available to teach private and on-demand lessons for people interested in reinforcing the class material, who took a break from dancing and want to get back, or people who want to improve their level. Please enquire via email@example.com.
Autumn season 2021 starts on September 6th and ends on December 16th.
Where can dance?
You can meet swing dancers in Kochi Aidad, Scotland Yard, Kärbes, Nõmme Kultuurikeskus or some other places where is playing some good live music. The good swing bands and artists are following: Horre Zeiger Big Band, New Murphy Band, Swing’n’ Joy Orchestra, Jana Kütt, Estonian Dixieland Band, Airi Allvee, Anna Curly and several more.