Tallinn Balboa Weekend is back!
The weekend of 19-20th November will feature top dancers from Russia – Alexey Gudovich & Masha Krokhina.
During these two days, classes for both levels (beginner and intermediate) will be held and acquired knowledge can be put into practice at Nõmme Culture Centre on the Saturday’s party.
Attention! Registration for single followers and couples is now closed. But there is still some room for a few single leaders. Please, write us email@example.com
Masha Krokhina & Alexey Gudovich (Rus)
Masha and Alex are the headliners of Balboa in Russia. Finalists and winners of numerous Russian and international competitions. They have been teaching regular classes in Moscow since March 2007, while constantly conducting workshops all over Russia and teaching together and with other partners (Frederic Barbe (Canada), Olivier Harouard (France), Albert Ferran (Spain) and Mickey Fortanasce (USA), Olga Bulatnova (Russia), Maria Pashinskaya (Russia) at swing dance events in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Belgium, France, Germany, Spain.
Alex has been devoting his life to balboa for 10,5 years now. He is known for his sophisticated footwork and a recognizable dance style, and won love of the followers from different points on the globe. Alex is strict, but fair. Secretly dances a bit of Lindy Hop, can be forced to do a swingout.
Masha tries to expand and enrich her dance experience through all other swing dances (especially Lindy Hop and Blues) plus Salsa and Argentinian tango. While teaching, she practices an individual approach to each student, strives to pay attention to details and exercise precision in technique, and most of all – to inspire musicality, creativity and personal style in her students.
- 10.00-12.15 Balboa workshop for beginners* (Arsimaja, Pärnu mnt 154)
- 13.45 -16.00 Balboa workshop for intermediate** (Arsimaja, Pärnu mnt 154)
- 19.00-00.00 swing-jazz dance evening in Nõmme Cultural Center (featuring Horre Zeiger Bigband and music by a DJ)
* Beginner – dancer who has never danced or learned Balboa before or who doesn`t practice his/her skills regularly
** Intermediate – dancer who knows Balboa basic steps and figures and practices Balboa regularly.
- 11.00-13.15 Balboa workshop for beginners (Arsimaja, Pärnu mnt 154)
- 14.45-17.00 Balboa workshop for intermediate (Arsimaja, Pärnu mnt 154)
Four hour of Balboa classes for your level (beginner or intermediate) and party pass:
– The early bird price is 45 eur/person if you register before 5.11*
– Full price is 55 eur/person if you register 06.11.-14.11**
If you have registered with a partner or as a leader, you may receive your confirmation in 2-3 days, however, if you have registered as a follower or your partner has not registered yet – the confirmation might take some time.
* If you register 5.11 or earlier you should make your payment within 10 days after your registration is confirmed.
** If you register 06.11.-14.11 you should make your payment within 3 days after your registration is confirmed.
You can pay your participation fee to the bank account of MTÜ Tallinn Swing Dance Society EE142200221056331094 (Swedbank AS, address: Liivalaia 8, 15040 Tallinn, SWIFT/BIC: HABAEE2X). Please write to the description field your name and TBW16. You can also pay by cash if you are visiting weekly classes.
It’s advisable to wear comfortable clothing that lets you move freely. Balboa includes body contact, therefore we ask you to avoid wearing low-necked or sleeveless clothes. If possible, choose shoes with slippery (leather) soles and comfortable heels.